Monday, July 22, 2013

I'm a TechWoman!...am I?

Last month, I've received the unbelievable news, I've been selected by the TechWomen Organization to participate to the 5 weeks program in US.
I could not understand the real meaning of that email, until I read the sentence I look forward to meeting you in October!, waw I will be part of a great experience. I felt happy, a lot of weird emotions that my English cannot describe.

Few days later I joined the facebook group of Techwomen Emerging leaders 2013, and I started discovering the other ladies joining this adventure, and at that moment I felt bad, scared as well, I had in front of me experienced women in different fields, confident, devoted to their job and having a lot of to share, I found my self under qualified to be a part of this group, I felt like the ugly duck. I've always been someone with a lot of confident, when you choose to teach 30 persons about technical structure of an equipment or troubleshooting procedures you better know what are you talking about. So most of the time I feel as a successful person, being able to face any challenge and do it correctly, but this time I felt being an impostor, I started thinking how people could see in me an emerging leader?.
I might not have the experience of all these ladies, but for sure I will learn from them, I've always been a fighter to improve my self, to learn quick, now I feel excited, I cannot wait to meet my mentors, and discuss the future projects to develop.

Techwomen is a great opportunity to meet people that can change your life, people that can push your limits and people that might show you a better you... this is my image of this organization, i'm ready to work hard to be a part of the Emerging Leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment