Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Interview


  • What is your impression of what the United States will be like? United States represents the land where dreams can come true for everyone, I’m expecting to have a hectic days, full of work/ activities/ gathering and new experiences am expecting a big infrastructure, a cultural mix and busy days
  • Why are you excited to travel to the United States? I’ve been travelling around the world for almost a decade, but I’ve never been in United States, I’m happy and excited to visit such a big country, I want to learn about the culture, I want to meet people and to experience the American dream
  • What are you looking to gain from the TechWomen program?  The TechWomen Program is the best opportunity to meet professional leaders, I hope to develop and improve my leadership skills, I want to learn how to manage a project and face different issues. I’m looking to develop relationship with ladies from all over the world and different field to share experiences and get stronger together
  • What are your fears about traveling to the United States or participating in the TechWomen program?I cannot call it fear, I believe that travelling to US or attending the TechWomen Program is a chance and an honor, on the other side I hope I will meet the expectations of my mentor and the team that has selected me, so am ready to work hard
  • What do you hope to do when you return home?  In Algeria, few girls choose STEM field for their studies, I want to provide them with advices I want to let them know that having a major in technology as a girl is not impossible, but with faith and determination, it can bring happiness.
  • Why did you apply for TechWomen?
    I applied for Techwomen, to get the opportunity and chance to be surrounded by professional leaders, to be able to learn from them, and to challenge myself.
    In my daily at work I had to prove my technical skills over and over for my colleagues or my customers, now I would like to learn about team management, project management and leadership, and I believe that this experience with Techwomen can push me to learn and improve all these aspects.
  • What do you hope to experience or learn in the United States?
    From every trip I expect two parts the daily improvement and the human experience. Silicon Valley, represents for me the place to be to experience the newest technologies and have the chance to visit the most famous companies, I feel ready to work on project that can be positive for me and for women in my country.
    On the other side this trip will gather ladies from different part of the world sharing the same love for technologies and progress, I hope we will have some cultural exchange to learn from each other’s and have the opportunity to enjoy our staying all together
  • Throughout your career and life, who has inspired you the most? Why?
    In my life I’ve been inspired mostly by member of my family, my mom was the person that showed me how to be strong and face challenges without fear. She was an engineer during the day and a housewife after working time, she successfully managed to fulfill her career reaching a management position, educate two girls and take in charge of the house as well. Since I was young my mom was the perfect definition of an active successful woman.
    I have been inspired by her, and it just felt natural to follow her steps and select an STEM path for my studies and career.
  • What languages do you speak?
    Arabic, French, English and beginning Chinese

2 comments:

  1. Impressive! Congrats for being the one selected to attend this ThechWomen Program!

    When is is scheduled for?

    ReplyDelete