Monday, November 11, 2013

New York New York

The city as Carrie Bradshaw was calling it, New York the city that never sleep, the big apple or Manhattan.
This was the best experience in the trip, I've been to shenzhen or hongkong, so I will not be surprised buy high buildings or light everywhere.
But when I arrived to New York I felt in a series, I was between how I met your mother, sex and the city or gossip girl, arriving at places like upper east side, Harlem, Brooklyn or Central Park was a happiness feeling.
For 3 days I was the star of the city in my mind, I was the one who needs to spot places that some series have been showing.
The first night I enter for a broadway show, I was very tired, nothing sleeping well since Washington, and we had a long trip to reach NYC, but I did not want to miss that opportunity, I went for the phantom of the opera, without any expectation, I had to get a ticket on the rear mezanine, it s almost if you are seating on the roof, but it was worth it.
The show started slowly, and after few minutes I asked my self what am I doing here, then the music started, the light, fire, effects as well, and I've got just captivated, I just loved it.
I've seen Figaro twice in Algeria, but the decor, the speed was not this quality. I was impressed and felt happy.
Next big experience, the Empire State Building , the view from there on the evening was really beautiful, all the buildings around with different colors, impressive.
My favorite was the Statue of Liberty, am a big fan of the series Fringe, every fan knows that under this liberty island, we can move from one world to another, from the material of the statue we can know on which world are we, when I arrived there, I felt as Olivia Dunham, and I stated checking is there is a way to go under hihih.
Unfortunately we could not getto the crowne, it needed tickets to be booked many months in advance. Let's say it's a good reason to come back.
I love New York , yeah Alicia keys was totally right, I love this city .

No comments:

Post a Comment