Monday, November 28, 2016

How to introduce your self?

Hi my name is Djamila and i will be your trainer for the coming days, this is how most of the time i would introduce my self when i enter my classroom

Then there is the other introdcution i will have in an event, i would say hi my name is Djamila am a technical trainer for a Chinese company, i have a master degree from National Polytechnical school in electronics, and most of the time i would hear oh waw that's interesting, that's cool, which for me i would qualify it as that's normal, if i can do it anyone should be able to do it as well.

but then what i am really is not just this, i love my job and i love the technical world i am living in, but it should not be the best way to describe me, but being part of a judgmental society, it's a very dangerous fact to say out loud who you are, becasue instead of being that intellectual friend that we are happy to exhibit around you will become that exotic person that no one wants to relate to, and everyone is showing their distance from you.

so for many years, i have been the engineer, the worker, the teacher, till the day i accepted the fact that i am exotic and this is one of what makes me ME.

so on this blog and on any possible occasion, if i have to talk about my self i would say, i'm djamila, globetrotter,  languages passionate,writer,chef, knitter , dancer from the heart, africain soul , taiji learner, and skydiver, and just at that moment i would add ohhh am an technical engineer in telecommunication and after people listening to me were ready to put me in the exotic crazy box they just got confused, this person cannot be classified, it's that free electron that is running around and everywhere and we don;t know what to do with her,
for me it did not matter, i am me, crazy enough to dance in a mall because i like the music, totally nuts to travel for the weekend to the southest of the continent just to meet my best friends and have few dances, or i will spend hours making baby clothes coz the winter is coming, will choose to bake cookies, because the smell of it will remove any negative thoughts.
so i believe that introduce your self means first accepting who you are, and being able to make the right judgment to share that information with the right people.
i am sure that my fancy personality is having more effect on me now that i embraced who i am, but i still decided to not share it with everyone. becasue there is nothing worst than a judgemental eye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment