Thursday, February 14, 2019

International day of scientific Women and Girls


Yesterday, was the international day of Scientific Women and Girls, I was invited by the awesome club CSCClub of Blida to speak about science and technology in my life.
It’s a pretty difficult subject for me, so I started by stating that I have never seen myself as a scientist, I don’t wear a white apron, I don’t work in a lab I don’t have any chemical reactions to work on, but by being part of the techwomen experience, I have got some exposure to STEM world and I understood that Sceince, engineering, Technology and Mathematics are all related to each others and without one of them it cannot work.
To be a teacher in university, the class is guided by a program and there is a static content, so whatever is happening in the real world, in the class the content is the same, but as a technical trainer, the class will follow the students need to learn to understand, and if a new standard is released it can be discussed, so this stressful world of being on point brings adrenaline for the learning excitement and exhaustion since we are running after improvement.
To control , in order to release that strong feeling of over doing sometimes, I have decided to give back some of my time, give presentation, speeches, and helping anyone that would need to talk or some motivation, and just like that talking to people became a passion.
In that speech I suggested to the audience to give a try to those new technologies that will be part of our life and we will have to adapt to: 5G, smart Cities, IoT, AI, and so on, we all need to get on point with the future.
Since time was limited I finished by my motto my favorite quote: keep positive, keep smiling keep going forward, and if you need anything , you know where to find me.
I wanted to talk about two ladies that have a real impact on my life but I guess that a subject for another time

No comments:

Post a Comment